Roasted Carrots with Cardamom Butter
· 4 teaspoons butter, melted
· 2 teaspoons canola oil
· 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
2. Combine butter, oil, cardamom and salt in a medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, stirring twice, until tender and golden, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.Adapted from