Greek Festival 2012Posted: September 5th, 2012
Spend three days in Greece without leaving Lexington! Enjoy the Greek Foods and Pastries as if you were in Athens. Watch scenic views of Greece on the Big Screen and enjoy Greek music and dancing. View authentic Greek souvenirs and shop in our Agora or marketplace. Taste the very best of Greek food including Gyros, Roast Lamb, Greek Chicken, Pastitsio, Spanakopita (Spinach Pie), Dolmathes, and Greek Salads. At our Pastry Shop enjoy famous Greek pastries including Baklava, Chocolate Baklava, Kouroubiethes (Greek wedding cookies), Kataifi, Finikia, Greek Coffee and Baklava Sundaes. Get food to go for your Tailgate Parties on Saturday!! See and learn traditional Greek dances and enjoy the Greek music of Lazaros Glendi band (includes Bouzouki, bass guitar and drums). Enjoy entertaining games and activities for children. Shop at the Greek market place and peruse our Silent Auction. Lots of Fun! Admission: Adults $2.00 Children under 12 yrs free when accompanied by adults. Admission proceeds to support the American Diabetes Association and the Greek Orthodox Church Building Fund. Sponsored by Panagia Pantovasilissa Greek Orthodox Church celebrating over 64 years in the Bluegrass! Please call the church at (859)266-1921 if you have any questions.
- Tuesday, May 28th
- Big Band & Jazz Series
- Lexington Legends vs. Kannapolis Intimidators
- Harpeth Rising
- Undivided Attention: Three Distinct Voices In Contemporary Fiber Workshop: Stitched & Embellished Textile Collage With Artist Jennifer Reis
- Lexington Parks & Recreation Big Band & Jazz Series - Free
- Discover Gardening Fruit, Flower & Vegetable Contest At The Lions Club Bluegrass Fair
- Central Kentucky‚Äôs Finest Food And Drink Honored At The 33rd Annual Taste Of The Bluegrass.
- Alltech International Symposium: Envision The Era Of You
- First Ever Woodford Reserve Room Opens At Fort Knox