By Jesse L. Brooks
Celebrating St. Patrick's Day is an important tradition for both Irish and non-Irish residents of Fayette County. The 36th annual St.Patrick's Day parade took place this weekend but on Tuesday, March 17th there's more celebrating to be done.
It's a day to eat traditional food, hear great live music and sip on a variety of specialty drinks. Below we have a list of local businesses participating in celebrating the spirited holiday so throw on your clover headbands and Kiss Me! tees because there's plenty of celebrating to be done.
- The Pub at the Fayette Mall will open at 9 am for Kegs and Eggs. With live entertainment and food & drink specials throughout the day.
- Shamrock Bar & Grill will serve a festive meal of corned beef & cabbage, and will have live music including Irish bagpipes.
- Radio 80 will be playing a special show at O’Neill’s on Richmond Road, they will get things started at 11 a.m.
- Lynagh's will be opening at 8 a.m. to kick off a full day of Irish celebration.
- Wallace Station on Old Frankfort Pike will serve St. Paddy's Day favorites such as Irish stew, courtesy of Chef Ouita Michel.
- Cheapside Bar & Grill will be celebrating their 30th anniversary and St. Patrick's Day all week long with specialty drinks that range from Triple Irish cocktails to Kilbeggan and Jameson Irish Whiskey.
- Orange Leaf is giving 25% everyone who wears orange.