With wedding season in full swing there is no better place to explore hair and makeup inspiration than the red carpet. The very second I saw this look on the always stunning Emily Blunt, I instantly thought that it would be perfect for a bride-to-be’s wedding day.
From her soft bronzy eyes to her ethereal gold leaf braid, this look is screaming for a bridal moment.
Below, makeup artist Genevieve Herr shares the products she used to create this dazzling look on Emily’s luminous face, while hairstylist Sarah Potempa gives tips on re-creating the star’s covet-worthy updo.
1. Create a side part, then use The Beachwaver Coast Pro Ceramic Styling Iron to smooth.
2. On one side, separate hair into 3 sections and create a French braid, then repeat on the other side.
3. Leave out a couple face framing pieces.
4. Pancake the braid for width and texture.
5. Take the two tails of the braids and wrap them around each other.
6. Secure at the base with bobby pins.
7. Using the Coast Pro, create S-shaped waves on the face framing pieces.
8. Secure the Beachwaver Gold Leaf Hair Chain with bobby pins to the root.