CINCINNATI, Ohio – October 15, 2019 – Joseph-Beth is thrilled to announce that the first round of renovations are complete for the Joseph-Beth at Lexington Green and the store is launching a grand re-opening, which will start with a ribbon cutting ceremony Thursday, October 17 at 11am and the celebration will continue throughout the weekend with special events, demonstrations and tastings through the weekend to celebrate all the improvements to make Joseph-Beth even better.
“Lexington is our home and we love being here,” said Adam Miller, President and CEO of Joseph-Beth. “We have made Joseph-Beth even better as we seek to be one of your very favorite places to visit.”
One of the focuses of the renovation was creating more community gathering spaces, surrounded by beautiful books, gifts and food. Chairs and workspaces have been added throughout for people to socialize, work or rest. You can now order from the Bronte Bistro throughout the store if you’d like to have a coffee or lunch while you browse. There’s more community space as well. Joseph-Beth will be offering more opportunities to bring people together – from seeing authors speak, story time, book clubs or attending a class – as well as offering meeting space should you want to host an event, a birthday party or a book club in a truly unique setting.
“We want Joseph-Beth to be more of an experience than a store, where people can connect and belong,” said Adam Miller. “We aren’t trying to reinvent bookstores. We want to redefine how you experience the bookstore.”
The Joseph-Beth at Lexington Green is the birthplace of Joseph-Beth and the Lexington history inspired everything – from the blue grass green color on the walls with sage and barn wood white accents to the bourbon barrel floor to the sophisticated aged brass accents.
“Being part of the community and encouraging reading and literacy is at the heart of everything we do,” said Adam Miller. “We are especially excited to create something extra special, our flagship store of the future, in Lexington where Joseph-Beth first started.”
This is the first Joseph-Beth remodel in more than a decade. The first phase is complete which includes:
· Space to linger - Chairs and workspaces throughout so guests can stay awhile; Updated fireplace for a warm and cozy place to read and relax
· A beautiful shopping experience - A space that feels like home, so that it feels as if you are shopping in someone’s lovely home – including an expanded local, kitchen and fashion section; A new books lounge with 75% of the books facing out to make it easier to browse; Curated gifts to find the perfect gift fast; Museum display cases to showcase accessories and gift collections surrounded by key book themes connecting books and gifts together
· Community - Adding more events to the calendar to create more opportunities to bring people together; offering gathering and meeting space to host your event at Joseph-Beth; An activity barn for crafting and to host kids birthday parties
There is more to come. This is the first phase in a multi-phase project that will be done over four years and will include greater community space, a more open and intuitive environment, books and gifts displayed and organized in ways that spark interest, a new book lounge, reading nooks for browsers to curl up with a book, a new store front and entrance as well as a greater emphasis on local artisans and gifts.
“We could not be more excited about this new chapter in the story of Joseph-Beth,” said Adam Miller. “We welcome all of Lexington to come and enjoy our new space. Whether you are seeking community, a break in your day to escape with a book in an inspiring space, the perfect gift or a delicious meal, we seek to make it a wonderful experience.”
The grand re-opening ribbon cutting will take place at 11am on Thursday, October 17. All are invited to attend. Tours will be available. Additionally special events will be happening over the course of the weekend including:
· Story time both at 11am and 2pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
· Live music by Doc Messina Friday, October 18 from 5pm – 8pm
· Breakfast with Elephant and Piggie Saturday, October 19 at 8:30am and special Elephant and Piggie story time at Saturday, October 19 at 11am
· Local author F J Messina signing his book 11am – 2pm on Saturday, October 19
· Tastings all weekend
· Bourbon Cousins showcasing their products and sharing the story behind their products over the course of the weekend
For more information or to schedule an interview with Joseph-Beth President and CEO Adam Miller, please call 513-412-5700x1126.
About Joseph-Beth: Joseph-Beth believes that reading and learning can help broaden hearts and minds and is honored to provide a place where ideas are shared, knowledge is gained and memories are created. In addition to hosting more bestselling authors, celebrities, public figures and politicians than any other local organization, Joseph-Beth supports the community with its Gives Back rewards program which has given over $175,000 to local charities since its inception. Whether coming in for story time, dining at Brontë Bistro, attending an author signing or browsing the new releases, the Joseph-Beth team is happy to help and be part of the community. Joseph-Beth has locations in Cincinnati, Lexington, Cleveland and Crestview Hills, Kentucky. For more information please visit our website at www.josephbeth.com.